Thinking about outsourcing your maintenance services? You're not alone.
- 72% of facilities managers outsource of custodial and housekeeping operations (FMLink and Encompass Global Technologies Outsourcing Survey, 2002)
- 52% claim savings from outsourcing these operations (FMLink and Encompass Global Technologies Outsourcing Survey, 2002)
- In-house cleaning costs an average of 23% more than contract cleaning services (International Facility Management Assoc. [IFMA], McCagg, 2001)
- Studies show that in-house custodial productivity can fall significantly below industry norms. (McCall, 2002).
- More than 50% of companies outsourcing have saved money, and one-third have seen a quality improvement (IFMA study, 2006)
- It's estimated that in-house cleaning costs $1.60 per square foot compared to outsourced costs of $1.22 per square foot (IFMA 2001 report).
- Contract cleaners can often provide additional specialty services not available with in-house resources.
HEITS Building Services will show you how you can save money and increase quality with its unique approach to total facility maintenance.
For more information, visit:
Sanitary Maintenance Article, Outsourcing Cleaning Operations, May 2004
International Facility Management Association http://www.ifma.org/